BLOG CHALLENGE ON TTS FOR THURSDAY:
yeah I know it is early… but got alot to do so I just said id go ahead and post it.
so here ya go you guys!!
1.What’s your name spelled backwards? eman rouy
2. What did you do last night? made a mini book cube thingy and watched deadliest catch and after the catch with John
3. The last thing you downloaded onto your computer?photos of gretas new layouts..
4. Have you ever licked a 9 volt battery? yup my brother used to get me to when i was a kid (THANK YOU WINDALE)
5. Last time you swam in a pool? last summer
6. What are you wearing? a smile on my face.. hahaha johns t shirt and some boxers
7. How many cars have you owned? CARS? 2 TRUCKS on the other hand….
8. Type of music you dislike most? what my daddy used to call long hair’d music, that stuff they dont play the words to in elevators…
9. Are you registered to vote? why heck yeah
10. Do you have cable? oh yes
11. What kind of computer do you use? Dell
12. Ever made a prank phone call? yup
13. You like anyone right now? ::blush:: yeahhhh
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? NOt on purpose
15.furthest place you’ve ever traveled? las vegas
16.Do you have a garden? nope
17. What’s your favorite comic strip? garfield, dilbert, close to home,wizard of ID,
18. Do you know all the words to the national anthem? yup
19. Shower, morning or night? depends.. most of hte time morning but if it is summer sometimes both
20. Best movie you’ve seen in the past month? De Ja vue with denzel washington
21. Favorite pizza toppings? supreme no mushrooms from pizza hut or dominoes
22. Chips or popcorn? popcorn
23. What cell phone provider do you have? cellsouth
24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? WHAT??? why would I do that?
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? yup
26. Orange Juice or apple? orange
27. Who were the last people you sat at lunch with? Annette and Christine
28. Favourite chocolate bar? dont know the name of it but it was one that my brother and sis in law brought us back from disney. that ws THE BEST chocolate I have ever eating in my life.
29. Who is your longest friend and how long? Susan williams.. since 1976
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? today
31. Have you ever won a trophy? yup
32. Favorite artist? leslie Ashe
33. Favorite computer game? oh gosh war craft I am addicted I cant play it cuz it becomes like a transe and I wont get up for days.
34. Ever ordered from an infomercial? i dont think so been tempted before when i had shingles and was on demrol and watched one that was on for like 4 hours and was finally like MAN I NEEEED THAT cant rem what it was now..
35. Sprite or 7-UP? sprite
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school/work? no
37. Last thing you bought at the store? which store? milk
38. Ever thrown up in public? oh yeah
39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love? finding true love and him being a millionaire woud TOTALLY ROCK but i found my true love, Im the millionaire BWAHAHAHA (too bad it is just on paper man ID LOVE to send that boy a bill)
40. Do you believe in love at first sight? only if it were george strait
41.Can exes just be friends? ….ex what? ex husbands… why would you want to be?(unless you have children that is different)
42. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? wow cant remember I have to steer clear of them so i dont catch everything… I think it was my mom.
43. Did you have long hair as a young kid? y up
44. What message is on your voicemail machine? LEAVE A MESSAGE
45. Where would you like to go right now? hmmm snuggle up my hubby on the couch.
46. What was the name of your first pet? benji
47. What kind of back pack do you have, and what’s in it? coach. It is my purse hubby got me. ITs got all kinda crapp in it.
48. Last incoming/outgoing call on your phone? tracy
49. What is one thing you are grateful for today? That I have the most ROCKIN’ FRIENDS EVAHHHHH!!!
50. What do you think about most? what is BElla tearing up, she is quiet.
OK answer the questions and link me back so we can put your name in for the drawing at TTS.
BE SURE AND STOP BY TREASURES TO SCRAP TOMORROW. We start our NEW GAME and it is gonna be SOOOOO MUCH FUN! LOTS of cool things going on. LOTS of prizes to give away.
Bella: (after getting water ALL OVER THE FLOOR from filling up a gallon zip loc bag with water) “It waddnt me mommy, da frigifrater dided it.”
Wanna talk to you today about something and see if yall can help me out. Im really trying to focus on positive. YES we all have bad days and memorial day is a sad day for us and many other days with some of the crapp we all go through called LIFE. I know everyone has crapp they have to handle. Not to sound selfish but,I really need to stay focused on POSITIVE. NOT complaining, not whining, not every thing in the world to worry about that COULD possibly go wrong. Shingles is stress related and IT keeps coming back for over a year now, even while on medication. I was on chemo therapy for lupus and was subjected to chicken pox and broke out and It hasnt been right since. It will not stay gone until this changes. SO Im not worrying or listening to negative stuff anymore. I am putting this here on my blog so YOU guys can help me with this. I want you guys to help me focus on positive. I know you can, cuz yall are my pals and my family. I mean if your not.. why would you be wasting your time reading my blog right? :;wink:: SO with that said. I want to issue our challenge today On Treasures To Scrap . Have fun and link me back.
10 things I have learned from my friends:
1. YOUR true friends are there for you when life totally sucks. (like take off work and sit through the trial of the guy that killed your dad Thank you Frances You will always be my bestest friend)
2. IF you dont understand something get together and toss it.
3. That you can find a reason to smile and laugh no matter what life throws at you.
4. karma… nuff said.
5. That you can find a discount coupon for almost ANYTHING
6. NOt to sweat the drama and BS it is what it is and well go back and see number
4.life is way too short.
7. That TTS totally ROCKS OUTLOUD AND ON FIYAAAAHHHHHHH!
8. That I am the bling queen of the universe. OKAYYyy With robin runnin a closeeee race but I still win neener neener neeeeeennnerrrrr
9. You have never truly laughed until you have had your beverage come out your nose in one of our conversations.
10. That they are there for you no matter what and will always be supportive no matter what.
I tell my friends Like my daddy used to tell me …. LOVE YA, MEAN IT.
Happy memorial day. IN between the picnics and bar b cues today, I hope you take a few minutes to remember what today is really about. WHY we celebrate Memorial day. Please join me in a moment of silence for all the ones that gave their lives to protect what we hold so dear.
Today I am dedicating my blog post to my daddy.
The journaling on this page is as follows:
This is the road that was named after my daddy.
My daddy was killed 11 years ago. He was a sherriff
deputy pulling a suspect over in a stolen vehicle. The
guy got out and stabbed him 15 times. This is the first
page I have done on it. This is the road where it happ-
ened. His road. Named after him now. This is the first
of many pages that will help me deal with that day.
That will help me mentally get through it. Yeah it has
been 11 years but to me.. it might as well have been
yesterday.. or the day before. This page is helping me
to leave behind a legacy for my little girl about her grandpa.
What a wonderful man he was and how he died saving the
life of someone else… it was premeditated and the person
that came in contact with the escapee first…well daddy got
there first. We have heard so many stories, possibilities of
who that person COULD have been, from other people that
we love in our community, to other people traveling on this
road that day. My daddy is a hero… he always will be.. now,
I have one page to go in his book.. maybe the other ones will
come easier now.
August 28, 1995 12 :18 pm rings through my memory like a freight train. The day that changed all of our lives forever. This kid that ws hard up for a fix escaped a druge rehab and stole a vehicle. You happend to be the first one to spot the vehicle. WHen you pulled him over he stabbed you till yoru death. That road now has your blood on it. but it also bears your name. SO much was taken from us that day, fromt he world, our family, our community. THe Sherriff’s Department lost an officer, many lost a friend, many lost an uncle, a grandfather, a brother, a husband, and yes a daddy.
You were so much to so many people. It is easy to see that that day, that you died, Part of me died too daddy. I had no idea the road that lay ahead of us. HOW much things would change. You truly were the glue that held us all together. We all seemed lost and unsure what to do after that. SO many would come up and say OH I KNOW just how you feel I lost my dad. or brother or whatever, they had cancer or heart failure. How do I explain yes Im sorry but NO its not the same. We went through a trial, a long grueling trial. waiting years for justice to be served for your murder. We fought the drug rehabs for better security and more chaperones and possible dangerous patients. We fought for stiffer penalties in drug related crimes. we succeded on a few we have endured the fact it happened less than 3 miles from where we call home. A road we were forced to drive every day to get anywhere. I eventually would move because it was just too much for my heart to bear every day. Some ONE took your life. You didnt just die. HE killed you. NOT ONLY did that kid kill my daddy that day. HE TOOK away my sense of security and yeah he took “my GLUE” Its been 11 years now. People want to move on but how can we move one when we dont want to forget what we all loved so very much.
I miss you so very much daddy!
Nancy Jones ~ 2007
Letters that were written during sad times, good times, happy times and when I went through therapy, inside the book of this layout. It opens to hold as many letters as I want to write to heaven.
Hope you remember today those that died giving us the freedoms we have today. Remember all the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice.
May you have a blessed Memorial Day.
OK so here is one that I can show you that I did today. The others you can see when the newsletter comes out at TREASURES SHe is such a monkey! Hamming it up for the camera. Those pictures I thought were perfect for that paper by Creative Imaginations. LOVE that paper so fun! I Thinnk IM going to emerge from my scrap room a while and see if I can get the feeling back in my butt. ITs going numb from all this scrappin I did today whehehew!
TOday is a chill out relax recoup day for us. I had the most HORRIBLE headache. SInus stuff nothing would make go away yesterday and this morning. BUT I THINK after a hot hot hot shower it is finally loosening up. SO tired from the last two weeks. SOOOOO happy to have my hubby back home. As I sit here right now I can hear Bella and Eva caroline (her best friend from acros the street) Playing in the pool (kiddie pool) in the back yard. THey are squealing and giggling. IT is music for my soul. NOTHING is sweeter than hearing them playing so happily and having so much fun in the coool refreshing water. It is such a blessing to live across the street from a little girl the same age as Bella. They love each other so much. THey play so good together.
I am locked in my scrap room today getting my Design Team projects finished for TREASURES TO SCRAP. WE have an awesome sponsor this month and I am droooling over these papers. SO MUCH FUN! SO I guess I better get back to scrappin time! YALL have fun today. WHat are you guys doing on this beautiful SUnday? link me back so I can be sure to comment on your blogs 🙂
MY HUBBY IS HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! HE made it in last night around 1 a.m. Safe and sound but very tired. SO ma you can rest easy now.
Bella: MOMMY! GET ME SOMETHING TO DRINK!
ME: WHats the magic WORD?
BElla: THINKING REALLY HARD ” ABBBBRAAAAA KAAAAA dabra”
ME: close enough baby.
THANK YOU LORD! FINALLY IT IS FRIDAY! WE survived another week whehehwwwwwwww!!!! THe sun is shining and SANTA POST MAN/UPS MAN is supposed to deliver ALL KINDA SCRAPPY GOODNESS TO MY DOOR TODAY so let the stalking begin! MY HUBBY will be on his way home yeeehawww!
Bella has a birthday party to go to tomorrow. I have A TON OF scrapping to catch up on. I got to get Bella to pick up her toys in the living room (GRRRRRR.. that is always a fight) BUT DID I MENTION TODAY WAS FFRRRRRRIIIIII DAYYYYYY!
We need to go get her something for her Birthday today too. Bella wants to go to the DONUT store so I guess I better get ready. She is sitting at the back door with my keys. THINK SHE I READY TO GO MAYBE?
WHAT is making you happy today? WHat are you looking forward to on this Friday? ANY big plans for this weekend? BLOG ABOUT THEM AND LINK ME BACK to it here. DOn’t forget when you participate in the TREASURES TO SCRAP blog challenges your name is entered into a drawing for a rak.<
OK we just got back from our running around. Here are our pics from the donut store as she calls it lol.
BElla: “Mommy! I fink I could go to sleep easier if you sang me a lullaby.”
me: “A LULLABY? who sings that? Not Georget strait… KID ROCK? OH I KNOW!! Rascal Flats?”
BElla::: rolling her eyes::: “NO MOMMMY! JUST sing me a lullaby.”::deep dramatic grandma sigh::
me: “OOOOK” ::clears throat:: “LULLLLLAAAAAAAABYYYYYEEEEEEEeeee and GOODDDDDD NIiiiigghh”
Bella:: putting fingers in ears::: “MOMMYyyyyyyyy! stoppppppppp PLEASEeeee DONT DO THAT….”
me: “What?! I thougth you wanted me to sing you a lullabye.”
Bella: “I did! but I changed my mind” ::rolls over in a huff
me:” WHY did you change your mind? I can sing somethig else.. I KNOW! wanna hear some “You are my susnshine” or some “Amarillo by morning?”
Bella: :: pretending to snore:: “shhhhhh mommmy! IM JUST ASLEEP already.”
YA THINK she is tryin to tell me something?????
Take pictures????? ughmm ok. BUT IM STILL MAD
The little Picasso.. even signed her name to it. I have tried… magic eraser, baking soda with water made into a paste. but the paint is coming off. GOnna try bleach next. THEN probly just repaint. I asked mama about it and she said OH that must have already been there cuz I was watching her…… UGHmm OK. IM sending BElla to her house with a brand new pack of SHARPIES hehe.
WITH ONLY 10 MINUTES LEFT OF THE DANG PROGRAM. HOW DARE THEY! SO I have few guilty pleasures in life. YES one of them making these tons of pages to give my child proof we had a wonderful life… The other.. MY TV LINE UP. I spend alot of time indoors (see the part about internal combustion and sunlight meeting my skin) I got to do soemthing besides scrap ya know! Well My Monday night show HEROES is on and IM all into it and it is getting close to the climax. THE SEASON FINALE on top of that…. all of a sudden.. ANT RACES… STATIC SCREEN.. WHAT THE *&^% OH ugh ugh. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. DID SHE KILL HIM? DID he explode? did sunlight hit him and he internally combust. WHAT. ON top of that we have CABLE INTERNET ACCESS (cuz I have no patience and have to have hi speed) SO not only was the tv out MY OTHER lifeline to the world.. THE INTERNET was down. OH GOOD LORD the world must be ending. THis totally sucks. SO YEs after my head spins 3 times to the left. I called Di and greta cuz I was sending them an email at the time. Explaining I wasnt being RUDE just the *&^%$%^& cable went out. POP it comes back on OH YES 2 minutes to spare on my show!!
WHAT .. COMMERCIALS OH ugh ugh! POP goes back off. WHAT is this some little idiot standing on the MAIN CORD AT the cable company goign HEHEHE this will tick them off really bad!
ALL I can say THEY BETTER BE GLAD it was just monday and NOT Tonight or tomorrow night when AMerican Idol is on… IM giving them advanced warning right now!
So what are your obcessions right now? are you as passionate about “your shows” as I am or do you like.. have a life? HEy BElla knows all about Jordin and BLake she has cheered and danced and said GO HOME SANJAYA with all of us. She even called a friend of mine to say WHEHEWEWWWWW when sanjaya got booted! She said he had CRAZY HAIR! ha!
SO tell me about your tv shows you just HAVE to watch?
You can post them in the BLOG CHALLENGE section at TREASURES TO SCRAP ~~~~> there is a link to the site in my links section.
(I would link you but blogger is being a pain in the butt today and not letting me link)
OFF to play group we gotta big day today! TOODLES!