My pal susan got some stamps for me at her micheals cuz ours sucks. AND OMG THEY ARE SOOOOO STINKIN CUTEEE! THey are the little bitty new clear stamps that are acryllic I JUST LOVE THEM! THANK YOU SUSAN YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!!! I cant believe how fast they got here!
Month: April 2007
GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS
SO what do you want first the good news or the bad news????
HUH? well if you want the good news first… keep readin. IF YOU want the bad news first.. skip down to where it says *bad news.
THE GOOD NEWS:
MY blog is up to 52 in the top scrapbook blogs YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! That is totally all because of you guys who read my blog. Thanks SO MUCH!
THis blog originated because we moved to ALabama with the baby (as if we would leave her behind ya know) and all my family is there and JOhns family is well.. ALL OVER THE GLOBE! SO it just made it easier for family to check here for new photos of the baby and see what all was going on instead of sending out 5 milliion emails. SO it has kinda grown from there.
SO .. THe bad news..
WHich IM sure alot of you will be going HUH? and what.. but it is kinda a big deal well NOT Really but I worked hard.
I was in a scrap contest at scrapstreet. I got all the way to the finals man SOOO CLOSE. BUT didnt win the contest. 😦 I know I know. BUT IT is ok cuz some AMAZING people won and they rock outloud so it is totally ok. No worries. I LOVE the pages I made and had sooo much fun, was greatly challenged. BUT a little good out of it. NOW I can post my layouts I did.
SO here they are for you to see 🙂 I also want to thank all my pals for cheering me on and supporting me and helping critique my work so I could better it. YALL ARE SUPERSTARS!!
so here we go
This layout was based on the EBAY commercial WHAT IS YOUR “IT” I chose Bella and how she smiles at me as My it. I used My minds eye papers and lots of buttons and embellies. was sooo much fun!
This one was a numbers challenge. We had to use 3 different numbers on a layout. I used SEI WINNIES WALLS for my paper choices (MY FAVORITE PAPER EVER)
THis one was more of a freestyle challenge. MY FAVORITE style of scrapping 🙂
I LOVEd these photos of BElla sooo much. I got the idea for the butterflys from my pal CAROLE. SHe had done some on an older page I saw a while back and I remembered them and how perfect it would be. My tiny dancer and the little butterflys look like they are fluttering with her around her. Carole is such an inspiration if you havent seen her blog BY ALL MEANS RUN GO LOOK SHE IS AMAZING!!! I used more My minds eye products on thsi as well. I LOVE the colors and the fun themes of their papers they have out. I use the stew out of them!
THIS Page was SOOOOOOOO much fun! I LOVE these photos of Bella bug. she is such a sassy thing. I had to write an article as well which KIM JOHNSON gave me a QUICK OVER VIEW on how to digi scrap ROFL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE KIM. AND I also got my Friend Leslie to critique me and give me some feed back on my page. SHE Is a superstar! (dont even blush you KNOW YOU ARE GIRL)
I used paper Studios pp for this and all kinds of fun bling!
ZING!!!! NO WAY!
ME: YES BELLA?
BElla: giggling: KNOCK KNOCK
ME: who is there?
BElla runs off giggling…
OK.. MUST work with her on joke delivery…
Few minutes later.
me: YES BELLA?
BElla: KNOCK KNOCK
Me: WHO IS THERE?
hmmmmm is she becoming A.D,D. like her mother?
A few minutes later
BELLA: KNOCK KNOCK MOMMY.
me: OK bella you need to finish your joke now..
BElla: JUST SAY WHO IS DAYER MOMMY!!!! :: noted frustration::
me: who is dayer mommy?
Bella: UGHHHHH! DAT IS NOT HOW IT GOES MOMMY
YOU SAY WHO IS DAYER and THEN I SAY NOTHING
me: WHAT? why do you say nothing.
Bella: SCMACKS HER FOREHEAD IN FRUSTRATION. CAWSE MOMMY! DARES NOBODY DAYER!!! ::giggling skips away::
NOTE TO SELF…….. TODAY IS THE BEGINNING… My daughter has totally zinged me. I remember this day long time ago. With my father. Telling me jokes. Telling me NOW you have to be quick. people will lose interest. you have to think quick now and pop em with the punch line followed by “the stare” that will leave them in stitches every time…..
MY protege’ has arrived… it is the beginning of a BEAUTIFUL sarcastic relationship.
BE AFRAID WORLD. BE AFRAID.
I wonder.. should I worry about myself though since I got zinged by my 4 year old?
Nah she is just advanced in her thinking THAT IS TOTALLY IT!
That is ok the day is not over. I SHALL REIGN SUPREME!
WE call this PROGRESS
I got all my paints put up and organized on my stamp shelves.I Reworked my stamps up there today.
AND I got more of my chipboard put away and sorted. Also some embellies put away in the little drawers. WHEHEW WE are making progress people!!
WHAT ARE YOU GETTING DONE TODAY, Get your organizing and cleaning your scrap room done? TELL ME!
I GOT TAGGED!
Adriann tagged me so here goes (HEHE)
7 little known facts about me.. hmmm whats not to know. SINCE Everyone loves to talk about me (eyeroll) so I will tell ya a few more things to talk about hahahahaa!
1) I hate doing scrap contests. I rarely enter those things. They seem like popularity contests to me and people get sooooo competitive and jealous. People end up with hurt feelings so I hate doing them. It just looks like a recipe for disaster in my opinion. BUT.. having said that, rofl My friend Di talked me into entering one rofl and IM in the finals AHHHHH! not sure how that happened but NOW IM a nervous wreck. ANOTHER reason I dont enter them. Im a worry wort.
2) I was in a car wreck at 6 months old (no I wasn’t driving ha so dont even ask)2 drunk drivers drag racing ran us off the road. I have a scar on my nose in the shape of a fish hook. This very sweet lady that walked most every where she went named maycilla found me, I went through the windshield of the car. my face all bloody. My brother was in the back seat and was telling them who we were and who our parents and grandparents were because my mother was unconcious. She was blind after the wreck for some time. Maycilla took care of me till they got us to the hospital. Every time after that when we would see Mrs Maycilla out walking to the store or whatever we always took her where she needed to go. I feel like she was our angel sent to us that day to help us.
3) I am very claustrophobic. Not severely like an elevator doesnt bother me bad, but if it gets stuck I would probably die just from the panic. I hate to shut the door in the bathroom we had back home it was the tiny closet inside the bigger bathroom. It was so small. Freaks me out.
4) This is the first time I lived anywhere outside of Mississippi in my life. I didnt want to move I hated it cried and cried and cried. I stayed in mississippi for a year to make sure John liked the job here and make sure he was gonna stay before I moved here.(besides that I was sick and going through treatments and it was a long drive from Alabama back to Jackson every week for that) But, I stayed for over a year with a new baby. That is how bad I didnt want to go. ALmost risked my marriage because I didnt want to move so bad. ALl of our family was back there to help me with the baby while he was working all the time his family as well. I knew there was no one in Alabama and being sick and a new mother it would be horrible. I was being so selfish thinking that. BUT I FINALLY saw this was a good opportunity (quit listening to what everyone else was telling me to do) for him and moved. I do love mobile. IT is beautiful here and I LOVE my neighbors. I love our church and our home we have here. I can’t imagine us being anywhere else now. I have gotten so spoiled living in town. I had never been able to order a pizza and have it delivered before!! We literally are 4 miles from every place we need for shopping and stuff. I really like our church even though physically I was not been able to gofor a long time, the people there embrace us and visit us and really care. I had never been to a church that had a band! (orchestra) I was so impressed haha!
5) I graduated with only 21 people in my class back home! VERY small school we had a football team basketball and track but no band or anything. Maybe 300 in our total school
6) I went to the same school the entire time I was in school. All 12 years.
7) WE are severe Home bodies. We kinda have to be though with me and my crapp I have. We dont go anywhere. We dont travel. we dont go on vacation. well I say we dont we go back home to mississippi to visit family at the holidays sometimes… WE never have been big travelers. Since I can’t be in the sun and I get tired very easy and end up getting sick every time we have ever tried to go do anything like that so it wasnt worth it. WE just spend our vactaions relaxing or doing other things. we go for mini trips for weekends and stuff but a BIG TRIP is not an often thing. WE had been planning DISNEY for last year then I got bad sick again. Now we planned for this year and we dont think it will happen then either. SO maybe when bella gets a little older. I know being in the sun so much and all that walking it will not be good. SO when she gets a little bigger and we can think of an easier way we are gonna go. Right now I think she would be terrified of the characters anyway. SHe freaked out over the poky little puppy at the library so I could just see us going there…. maybe next year..
Ok so there are my 7 things. SOOOO I Have to tag 7 people by the rules. SO IF YOUR READING THIS…. GO to it . tell me your 7 things!
MY sweet hubby rocks OUTLOUD
and you know what comes next huh!! WHEHEW OH FIYAAAHHH!
He was so sweet to me this week. He has been having to go across the bay alot working the dealerships there. SO he has to pass right by Hobby Lobby and that one is SOOOO MUCH more rockin that this one that is 3 miles from my house sad to say. SO I needed some bling for the page I was working on. Yall know Im all about some bling. Well while he was there he saw the big nice sales going on and he Was so sweet to me! HE got me another set of the big honkin stamps so I can do the words on my stripes in my scrap room (that is gonna be soo cool) so now I have 2 sets of them since they were half off. HE got me a BUNCH of bling (that i have almost used up yep but wait till you see this OMG awesome page I am working on!) I have both sets of the new cosmo cricuit, some more ric rak and I got the new moxxie papers that are gonna be here today! SO much fun so GUESS what IM gonna be doing this weekend wheheww!
GONNA GET MY SCRAP ON!
I DO HAVE TO give a big ol shout out to my bud Susan too. SHe rocks in all kinda ways. SHe picked me up the stamps everyone has been raving about that are a buck a pack (the clear stamp sets) 11 sets!!! IM SO EXCITED just think of all the fun that will be! I had asked our Micheals about them and they looked at me like i had 7 eyes in my head. They had no clue what I was talking about. I guess I can take them and show them. THANK YOU SO MUCH SUSAN! YOU are a rockstar!!
The challenge at Treasures To Scrap this week is to scrap something NEW…
WEll I had the perfect photos for this challenge hehe. Bella just had her birthday and I just did that photo shoot so yeeehaww!
SO here is what I did with them (yeah I know, it is the same photos as my banner)These are my favorite photos of mini me right now. THis is SOOOOO BELLA. She is always dancing around singing and has on some kinda princess costume prancing around.
I have got to clean my scrap room before the scrap police come and give me a ticket. IT is beyond horrible. I dropped my box i have my primas in. They are everywhere!!!
That is all I know for now… Ill be back later to update more.
TREASURES and then SOME!
TREASURES TO SCRAP Is still having their contest this month so don’t forget to go cheer on your favorite team (GOOOOOO TNT ….me and TERI LYNN hehe)
Also Treasures To Scrap’s Kit club is who sponsored the Design team this month. Here is the other pages I made with the kits I received.
I think you had already seen a couple of these.. but here they all are.
I had a great time with these kits. I also made a card box.. you can see it over in the archived blog entrys, with the left over scraps.
I have had a great time with the contest and gotten alot of pages scrapped.
I love this photo of BElla. I can add the warmness to it or cool it off to black and white and it is gorgeous with most any papers. I scrap most of my photos in Triplicate so my mom and mother in law get a page for their album as well. SO If you see alot of the pages that have the same photo on them… You know why haha.
One of our challenges was to scraplift our team partner. My Team mate is Teri Lynn. She is the DIgi side of our team. SHE ROCKS I must tell you. I had so much fun lifting her gallery. Here are a couple of the ones I did.
Great fun I must tell you! Be sure to go see Teri Lynn’s Gallery and leave her some lovin! GO CHECK OUT HER BLOG AS WELL tell her I said HI!!
HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL MID WEEK DAY!
OH I ALMOST FORGOT! MY 7 THINGS! I was tagged a while back by 2 lovely other bloggers haha SO here they are my 7 things I despise:
2. Children that are disrespectful
4. People who act all Snitty trying to stir up trouble
5. Dirty feet
6. Dirty floors
7. for someone to rake off the mayonaise back into the jar and get bread crumbs all in it (or any other thing you spread on with a knife EWWWWW)
SO SEEE I TOLD YOU I WOULD EVENTUALLY DO IT.. wheewwww.
I have to agree!
DO I EVEN NEEEED TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE? COuld this shirt be ANY MORE PERFECT EXCEPT if it were to say OUTLOUD under the ROCKS and then ON the back said AND ON FIYAAAHHH!!! THEN THAT MY FRIENDS WOULD BE A TRUE T SHIRT TO HANG IN THE COOL SHIRT HALL OF FAME.
BUT DONT SHE LOOK JUST FABULOUS WEARING IT? and FOUR.. DID I MENTION MY BABY IS 4 …F O U R!!! ::sigh::: SO far.. Four has not been any better than three. It has actually been a little LOUDER THAN THREE. But that was all. WE have another big day today. Playgroup, and REST I PRAY.. This weekend has me still worn out.. then BElla drug me and Diane through Toys R us aka “hell” in search of SOMETHING COOOL for her to spend her new gift card and DOLLARS on. This kid doesnt ask for a dollar NOOooo SHE ASKS for “twenty dollars” not from just relatives FROM ANY RANDOM PERSON walking past.. ITS MY BIRTHDAY GIVE ME 20.00… TOO bad that hasnt worked yet.
ITS a good strategy and has only worked on the grandparents a few other relatives so far. THe cuteness has LONG worn off for her father and I. I had to say though.. My senseble child DID let us purchase cute clothes today.. she is getting VERY particular on what she likes (SHE HAS GREAT TASTE AHEMM LOOK UP AT THAT SHIRT SHE IS WEARING!) we held up a many an outfit that she said nada wasnt happnin’ IM happy that I passed the inspection. OF COURSE ANYTHING that resembles a tutu or a cinderella dress IS IN THE TOP 10 for clothing worn by Bella.
Yeah I KNOW I STILL havent done my 7 things yall challenged me with… It will happen I have to think though… so maybe tomorrow when I have slept. haha
IT will happen..eventually!
AND YES KIM I want you to know at toys r us BElla ran for the barbie jeeps saying I WANT TO BUY THIS WITH MY 20.00! I had to say she has great taste… she went for the expensive one. I dunno if MObile is ready for her to be … MO- BILE yet! I have hard enough time catching her on 2 legs not sure about 4 wheels..
MY baby aint a baby no more!
MY little baby girl is not a baby anymore she is the whopping 4 years old! AHHHHH! SHe is such a little girl now. SHe had so much fun this weekend with Eva at her litlte party and then today we went to toys r us shopping and spent her gift cards she got. SHe HAD A BLAST. SHe was throwing stuff in the buggy like we were millionaires. I was taking it out as fast as she put it in hahaha. SHe did load up on barbie stuff though! SHe got alot of art things and some clothes CUTE CUTE clothes.
DONT YOU JUST LOOVE THE PRINCE ON THE CAKE… “I will swim through the Sea of Green frosting KNEE deep even to proclaim my love for cinderella” (The look on the princess cinderellas face isnt too happy either isnt it.. You would think they would be happier.. OH well haha! I thought that was so funny… must be the medication they have me on .. sorry)
She had SOOO MUCH FUN!!!
OFf to do a photo shoot I will be back with some fun photos tomorrowwww hehehe!