WELLLllll I emailed back and forth with “legacy” magazine all day friday….. I can still do it . Here is what she said when I explained I wouldn’t be able to do it since I made the tray for another publication :
Hi Nancy,We are actually interested in the tray for next year’s issue of Somerset Home. Since we have a few months, did you want to create one especially for the issue?Best regards,Rebecca Ittner
Well I was like HECK YEAH! SOOO I think IM just going to send this one to them after I am done with all the current stuff and then send it to them. THEN if I want to do them as Christmas gifts I can make another one. Sooo I am excited again. We emailed back and forth she wants one identicle to this one I said no problem how many ya need!
SO anyway I got all my deadlines done for Scrappy chic magazine. I did an extra one this time after my friend Jeanne ::waving HI JEANNE:: so inpired me by her friend Carole’s blog OMGawesh this chic is amazing! So then I go and see what Jeanne did (see her blog its called crossroads under my links) and I was like hmm I wanna try that. SO I did one too. I cant show you yet I have to wait to see if Scrappy chick picks it up. IF SO then you can see it there if not I will post it. She has some amazing submissions so I doubt mine will get picked. My husband wasnt crazy about it. He said he didnt get the entire concept of the 3 dimensional. He was in a crabby mood today so I dunno if he REALLY didnt like it or was just being crabby. Regardless he later said He could tell I put alot of work into it and I did good he thought… he just didn’t care for that style…it was too something he just didnt know what… I tried to explain to him about trends and style and well anyway sometimes You just dont like it. No biggie.
OK so I have a new respect for people that do all that cutting out I could hardly bend my fingers this morning lol
I am ready to get on my projects for AUgust. IT will be a rough month for me with the surgery and all so I want to get them done and over just in case. I have rotation for the view on Untamed this time as well so I have articles to write and pages to finish for them. I have alot to do on that. I have been so busy with getting these done I havnt done much other but it is over. Im trying to get everything in order so when I do the surgery things will run smooth (great theory huh hahaha) Hard to do when you feel crappy. I laid on the heating pad most of today. I did watch flightplan tonight Omgawesh thatwas a freaky movie I was like GO JODIE slam him! I normally dont watch those kinds of movies. But it was good. I will leave Bella home if I ever fly! I wanna go to church in the morning but still running temp. I almost cried. IM SO SICK OF THIS HOUSE!!!! John said he would drive me down to the beach to look if I wanted. I just stared at him. He knows Im miserable. I feel like a fat slob right now and look like the michelon man on steroids. I need a hair cut and I cant fit into my clothes. MISERABLE. BUT THis too shall pass (I keep saying that) Well that is all she wrote for today. Bella has been so cute on the computer. She calls it the BIG POOTER. She did sing 5 little monkeys today for Jeanne. and some other song I have no clue what she was jabbering. She gets her own language going. Anyway take care and rest well tomorrow hug your family and tell em ya love em. I sure love mine!
It was bound to happen. We are a internet connected family. We have family all over these here united states and we knew it was coming sooner or later. We would welcome our mini member of the geek squad. Well It is official. She heard YOU’VE got mail and she was so excited. Her favorite thing to do is go to playhouse disney and play the games. We constantly hear NO BEDDA DUDE IT! she wants us to show her NOTHING she does everthing my by self. we have officially created a geek!
I am in a state of shock yall! I got this rockin letter from legacy magazine. Seems SOMEONE sent a tray that I made to them for a submission for me and THEY WANT IT. (no Im not mad at you for doing that it was really sweet and I thank you for it) Yeah, Imagine my total shock when I got the letter. Now, My dilema is: I made the tray for another site that I am a designer for. SOOO of course my first obligation is to them. BUT, can you imagine. Here I am a nobody and all of a sudden I have a piece that 2 places want!! (where is my mouth hanging open like a fly catcher blinkie at?) I woulda never thunk it! Not in a million years. I guess the honor alone is at least kill over(shocking) to me. SO I sent a reply back to legacy and told them my dilema and that I appreciate the offer but since I had made the item for a specific task on a site that I am a designer for I have my first obligation with them. I NEVER IN A KABILLION years thougth I would be turning down A MAGAZINE TO PUBLISH MY WORK…. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO. It will end tomorrow IM TELLING YOU GUYS! I am on such a roll right now I PRAY I never get off this roller coaster. My sister in law keeps telling me it is Karma and it is my turn. wow. I think it is amazing. You never know.. Legacy may want it bad enough to wait a while for it.. we will see what they sayor if they even reply. I need to get going on another design team. I put in for bliss but IM not gonna hold my breath. THERE ARE SOME AMAZING people, big time pub’d, people applying there and I doubt they are gonna pass them up! BUT, I need the challenge of it, and it is another rockin place. I don’t wanna over extend but I do so much better when I have tasks and deadlines. (and cool product to work with) I LOVE being a designer for scrappy chick and so excited and honored to do it! AWESOME people there amazing talent I feel like a crayon at a oil paint convention compared to those ladies omg they are amazing! BUT, IT helps having the deadlines and the tasks. I need the excitement and I need to scrap. I get out of my box more and make myself do things I wouldnt normally do. It keeps my mind busy and my hands working. What about you? what helps you get going on scrapping? WHat makes you get things done?
I know I have alot coming up though health wise but man I can sit in bed with the lap top and post away. There is so much more to being ona design team than posting layouts. It is chatting with others. Making people feel welcomed and comfortable somewhere they can hang out find a friend to scrap with. I bet there are lots of scrappers out there like me that suffer from ailments that don’t getout and scrap that often at crops etc and they LOVE the online life of being able to interact at will with other scrappers! I LOVE it and I can scrap in my pj’s and not worry about my hair rofl! I mean my gosh nat’l sb day I scrapped from bed with shingles ROFL… (can you say I LOOKED LIKE QUASSIMOTTO FROM HUNCHBACK!) Now that is a true scrapbooker my friend!!!
Meanwhile. I HAVE a HUGE to do list tomorrow. I MUST go to hobby lobby I have like a tiny tiny bit of adhesive left and it is getting serious (the fact they have a 40% off coupon helps loads too haha esp with John keeping me on the we aint got no money diet I mean budget ) I have to get this card box (see previous posts) to shannon’s mom. (yall pray for her as she is undergoing her treatments for cancer she is feeling really icky right now and in the hospital. I have to call the dr office about my surgery to find out what progress was made with the insurance company and if my records made it there yet. Bella has school tomorrow because it is show and tell/pajama day and she sooo wants to go. I was gonna keep her with me but we decided she could go for most of the day. I have another project I need to work on anyway. I hope I am not forgettting anything I need to get my planner finished so I can have my list made out. I DO SO Much better with a list. what about you? DO You make lists? ( I love marking off tasks accomplished how much does that rock!!) I did catch up on my posting at www.scrapthatmoment.com tonight. Now I gotta go catch up the others! I NEED A HAIR CUT IN THE MOST HORRIBLE WAY. It is growing all catawompas in from when I had to take that chemotherapy treatment back last year and is still all growing back in and stuff it really didnt fall out much just broke off and looked eww but it is growing back different lengths.. is freaky and sticking up like a rooster on crack right now. well Im off.. to go read this letter from legacy one more time but beam at knowing im gonna have the piece published in Scrappychick (if yall havent seen that magazine you MUST see it at www.scrappychick.com they are the ROCKINEST Chicks I have ever met! I also have a pub in www.scrapstreet.com magazine in august I still dont know who made cover yet but she told me I was in a running for it so Im like flippin excited for that! I am diva of the month at www.untamedscrapper.com you will see my smilin face on the COVER of THE VIEW there this month stop bye and wave at us! I have an article that will go in next months view there also… still have the Hobby lobby pub coming up too with an older layout of Bella at the pumpkin patch SO GOOD THINGS are happnin’ here! I am living proof you guys NEVER EVER GIVE UP! keep posting keep creating and if you really have it in your heart and it is what the good lord wants you to do THERE WILL BE A WAY! He is throwin doors open all over the place at me right now with HUGE BLINKIN LIGHTS saying HELLOOO ENTER HERE!!!!! I just gotta get off my butt and stagger through it!
OK so THIS PAGE HAD TO BE DONE. I saw this rapper dude (sorry If I am not hip enough to remember dudes name) on a talk show as I was changing channels. I swore the dude was saying LET ME SEE YOUR GRILL. I busted out laughing I was like WHy the heck does he wanna see someone bar b que.. Ok sorry I know I KNOW I am so NOT a hip hop up with the or down with the what the heck ever stuff. Well I watch the segment because I was so intrigued on why the world someone would write an entire song about wanting to look at someone s grill. THe dude explains it and shows the thing On his TEETH (yes people his teeth) and I was like OHHH well THAT MAKES SOOO MUCH more SENSE to me NOWWWWWww! :;insert extremely sarcastic eyeroll here::: I thought it would be on something that was SO MUCH MORE lame than Putting something shingy on your teeth for DECORATION… HOW UNHIP of me to think.. whatever ok… SO I go around singing Lemme see your BAR BE QUE GRILLLLLLL (huge southern accent added) and lemme see yourrrrrr NEW car GRILL for days. Driving everyone nuts (as I do so well) so I had to do this page. IF for no other reason than to aggravate my husband (hi honey muahhh lu ya) so anywayyy I figured since dudes teeth were so blingy why not bling my grill. The photo didnt do real well but anyway here she is: My hubbys Grill ( ask him about the 15 minute assembly the box said was required bwwwaahhhhahahaa NOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT more like 2 hours) anyway that is the second page to come after I get over this one.
If you havn’t figured out yet.. I cannot sleep tonight. I drank about 2 oz of sweet tea to take my night time medications with (yes my small meal in a little cup) I see dollar signs every time I swallow that handfull. That which will not kill me will make me…. CHOKE CUZ IT cost too much to live GOOD GRACIOUS!! ok so that also is another story entirely anyway. SO I havn’t had any caffeine in a long time so Me + caffeine = AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I am high enough off life but add a dash of caffeine in the mix and oh boy (you get layouts with HUGE shiny letters on them after rap songs that I have no clue what they are referring to) I am sure we will look back in several years on this page and laugh cuz sir mix a snoop dogz alot or whoever that sings that song, I’M SURE, is SOOoo not impressed with my rendition (witha southern twang added) SO now every time yall hear that song (which knowin all yall it will be alot cuz you are all hip hop enthusiasts and listen to that kind of music HA!) You will think lovingly and reverently of me( dancing around pestering people to see them bar b cue me some CHIKunNNN!) NIGHT!
WILL IT EVER END!!!! I have a dadgum abcess in my back top tooth in between two teeth. seems there was a crack in it and something got in it and it got infected. SOOOO now they want to get the infection out before doing surgery cuz if the abcess leaks and gets in the blood stream while under this anesthesia it can cause a heart attack (that is the most severe there are other minor things that could happen but this is me we are talking about Id probly fall out and just ALMOST die and be a vegetable the rest of my life.. like bob the tomatoe but not as animated. SOOOO here we go again. The insurance company is giving us the run around they want to do the surgery at SPringhill (duh?) because it is cheaper…. HUH? Yeah I wanna save money but ughmm not on surgery is where I wanna cut a corner ok!!! All my “ologist” are at Providence, NOW wouldn’t it make sense to have the surgery there where everyone is located? HELLOOOO makes you wonder if there are any lights on upstairs!! GEEZ. SOOooo anyway.
Finishing up my projects for Scrappychic magazine (www.scrapthatmoment.com) hopefully mine will get picked (I hope so Im driving myself to the brink of insanity over them) so we will see. You should go check em out they have a BEAUTIFUL top notch site going on. Im honored to be a designer for them. OK I gotta go cook Bella some “chick Al aye” (she calls all chicken nuggets chick fil a) and PRAY TO GOD she takes a nap cuz I sure need one. MUUUAAAAHHH and OH by the way. HUGE shout out to jeanne today HOPE your feeling better my friend and your jaws arent hurting. just bite the bullet and get it done.. You will feel better in the long run I KNOW it stinks right now but hey you can call me we can cry together rofl!
100 silly questionsHere are my answers to my 100 silly questions. I tag scraptomylu and teri lynne and lissa and beth to do it next (heheheeh dont yall love me)
:1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?How would I know? Im asleep…
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?YUP
3. Have you ever ‘done it’ in a hotel room? well yeah duhhh.
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?NO but been in the car with someone that did.
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?Yep sure do
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?Sometimes
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?Neither
9. Do you always smile for pictures?depends (hey what happned to number 8 isnt this 99 questions now?)
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?ughm questionaires, no im kidding! snarky people and mean people
11. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?Out hubby has big feet.
12. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?depends
13. Have you ever peed in the woods?Yup
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?Yes, don’t you hear my neighbors laughing
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?NO
16. How many times have you scrapbooked this week?3 to 4 times
17. Do you like popcorn from those big tins?No it is always stale and gross
18. What is your “Song of the week”? Little rabbit fu fu.. bella is stuck on that one (now i cant get it out of my dadgum head.)
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?depends on the guy2
0. Do you still watch cartoons?Yes
21. Whats your favorite scary movie?none they are all dumb
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?why would I tell you that? You would just come get it and it wouldnt be hidden anymore you think Im stupid or what? (don’t answer that)
23. What do you drink with dinner?Usuallysweet Tea until dr said I cant have it so water
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?honey mustard
25. What is your favorite food?Tijuana flats
!26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?Baby Boom, men in black, one crazy summer
27. Last person you kissed/kissed youMyhubby
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?yes
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?NOT on purpose but then again why would they ask unles it was one of those magazines saying YOU KNOW YOU NEED PLASTIC SURGERY AND DIET WHEN:
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?this morning to my hubby to pick up something at store
31. Can you change the oil on a car?why would you change oil on a car dont you need to be under it?
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?Yes
33. Ran out of gas?No
34. Favorite kind of sandwich?tomatoe and bacon
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?waffles
36. What is your usual bedtime?when i get sleepy
37. Are you lazy?NOT ussually unless I feel bad
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for halloween?sure did
40. How many languages can you speak? does interpreting my daughter count? ok 1
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?yep
42.Which are better legos or lincoln logs?Leggos
43. Are you stubborn?I refuse to answer and YOU cant make meeee!
44. Who is better…Leno or Letterman?Leno
45. Ever watch soap operas?not on purpose
46. Afraid of heights?Yes
47.When do you sing in the car?All the time
48. Dance in the shower?you think I wanna die? Id bust something
49. Dance in the car?Now how in the ….. I aint even gonna ask
50. Ever used a gun?Yes
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?June
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?mostly
53. Is christmas stressful?Yes but It should not be5
4. Ever eat a pierogie?a what?
55. Favorite type of fruit pie? blackberry
56. Occupations you wanted to be as a child? a fireman, a country music singer, charlies angels, daisy on the dukes of hazard
57. Do you believe in ghosts?No
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?yeah
59. Take a vitamin daily?sometimes
60. Wear slippers?not ussually
61. Wear a bath robe?sometimes
62. What do you wear to bed?PJ’s
63. First concert?Charly Mclain
64. Wal-Mart, Target, or K-Mart?Target/walmart
66. Cheetos Or Fritos?cheetos
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?both
68. Ever hear of, “gorp”?No
69. Ever take dance lessons?yup
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?what happened to my current one?????????
71. Can you curl your tongue?yes
72. Ever won a spelling bee?no (ROFL as if you had to ask)
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?yes
74. Own any record albums?Yes
75. Own a record player?Yes
76. Regularly burn incense?No
77. What is your favorite movie?Mcclintock with John wayne
78. Who would you like to see in concert? George strait
79. What was your last concert you saw?George strait
80. Hot tea or cold tea?cold
81.Tea or coffee?Either
82.Favorite kind of cookie?chocloate chip or sugar
83.Can you swim well?Yes
84. Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose?yes
85. Are you patient?Sometimes
86. DJ or band, at a wedding?Neither, it was a piano player
87.Ever won a contest?Yes
88. Ever have plastic surgery?yes (went through a windshiled at 6 months old face first (yeah youw ould think i would look better than this after that many plastic surgerys)
89. Which are better black or green olives?depends on what it is on
90.Can you knit or crochet?nope
91. Best room for a fireplace?livin room
92. DO you want to get married?I already am
93. If married, how long have you been married?8 years
94. Who was your HS crush? Johnny Harrell (I look back now and go ewwww)
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?No but I would like too
96. Do you have kids?Yes
97. Do you want kids?No cant have any more
98. Whats your favorite color?Green right now
99. Do you miss anyone right now?Yes my friends my mama and my brother
100. Who do you wanna see right now?Nobody Im in my nightgown with no make up..
and I still say there are only 99 questions lol
That was fun. NOW yall do it!!
Have you ever seen that cartoon Garfield and friends. There is a duck on there that always runs around with an intertube on screaming that the sky is falling. Well this was bella today… Minus the sky falling part. Daddy told her she could go swimming IF she would take her nap… she never took her nap. THe picture of her looking out the window was like 8 pm tonight she still had hopes of swimming. NOT! Besides the fact her pool is less than 2 foot deep but she needed the zoe swim float regardless. I had to take these pictures they so reminded me of that character (I cannot remember his name to save me right now) on Garfield. This so cracked me up with the tinkerbell costume. then the NRA t shirt WHICH is her favorite (good lord) by the way that her papa D got her BEFORE SHE WAS BORN mind you. Another day of fun summer time gone.
On another note: My mother has her eye surgery Tuesday so please remember her in your prayers. Also remember Mrs. Moore with her cancer she is still having problems. I also am having lots of female problems (can hardly wear shorts or anything around my waist it hurts… sorry to complain but, Got a call in to dr office they said it was the tumor not alot we can do until we have the surgery… so anyway I hope tomorrow is pain free for everyone.
Ps: Was the ducks name Roy?
TOday is our Christmas in July Crop at WWW.THEUNTAMEDSCRAPPER.COM We are having a blast. I have been in and out having some small issues with female problems. So far I have gotten one page made. This is one of my favorite photos of Bella. Not a great picture I know but the bling I added to the 3 and the flowers needs to dry so I can scan it so I just took a quick photo. I will update you with a better scan of it later. Just a simple fun page to get my mo jo flowing. Bella has her best friend “eeya cawowine” (Eva caroli’ne) over today playing. ALl I hear is them up and downt he hallways giggling. It is the best sound. Ok back to scrapping. we have lots of prizes to give away so you ought to stop by.
TOMORROW (saturday) we are having an online crop for “Christmas in July” come by www.theuntamedscrapper.com tomorrow 8 am central standard time. There will be fun, croppin and prizes. SO come by and have fun with all us DIVA girls 🙂 I hope to see you there 🙂
AHHHHHHHH IM CLEANING MY SCRAPROOOM!
I think I could plant a garden with the stuff that came out of the carpet. IM SICK OF all the mess in here and IM PURGING and cleaning. I have to get this done before the surgery. I was going to make Bella a play area in here but ya know.. Im wondering if that is such a good idea. SHe keeps getting into EVERYTHING and strows more stuff for me to clean up. I found so many glitter packs and glue and stuff I know she is 3 she has to learn but I cant get projects done when she is plundering. SO what do you do to keep the kiddos occupied so you can get your scheduled projects finished?